Artifact 1: The Body Positivity Movement
This essay was written for my ENGL 335 Rhetoric class. We were tasked in creating a series of editorials that implement a variety of texts to identify their argumentative strategies and apply rhetorical awareness and feedback through our own writing processes.
Communications: Speech, Media and Creative Performance
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and respond to components of communication discourse such as audience feedback, supportive listening and critical thinking.
- Produce creative writing in a variety of genres using processes and techniques that enhance the text.
Composition and Rhetoric
- Read and study the rhetorical features of literary and non-literary texts, both fiction and non-fiction.
- Analyze rhetorical and structural differences between oral written language to explain relations between speaking and writing. Study and apply aspects of oral and written composing processes.
- Use and analyze grammatical elements of oral and written English for a variety of rhetorical effects.
- Consistently and accurately apply the conventions of oral and written English.
- Learn and apply advanced research strategies for academic work in English, including collection, integration and citation of data.